Friday 9 August 2013

Can the Chargers charge into the playoffs?

Sorry about the long wait between posts, I have been really busy recently, but will work my best to ensure that the page kept up to date.

So, we are on the brink of the new NFL season, with the pre season beginning today, and to be quite honest there are two main questions on my mind, one of them easy to answer, the other, not so much.

The first question is whether or not RG3 will be good to play for the redskins by week 1. I think this will almost definitely happen, and he could probably even play in the pre season, but the Redskins won't want to risk it after last years wild card play-off. I want to see him as soon as possible, but I do not want him to rush into it, as the worst thing for his career right now would be another injury.

Now, onto my second question, and this is indeed quite complex. This question is, as the title suggests, whether or not the Chargers will actually be able to make it into the play-off's.

I think there will be two deciding factors on this. Firstly, the performance of the Broncos, and secondly, the performance of the Chargers offensive line. Personally, I think that the Broncos are going to crush a lot of teams this year, with Peyton and Welker, so the hope of the Chargers there somewhat diminishes, so therefore the Chargers need to bank on gaining a wildcard spot. now relying that other teams do as badly as I hope they do, they will probably get around a 11 and 5 record. This may just be enough to get them into the play-off's in a wildcard slot.

However, that relies on them actually winning games, and to do that, the offensive line needs a lot of work. The line completely collapsed last year, and this led Philip Rivers to have one of his worst seasons ever, and pretty much led to the failure of the team. The defence of the Chargers isn't awesome, so they have to win on offence, and to do that they need the offensive line to fire. DJ Fluker will help with this, but to what extent is debatable. Personally, I think someone with his size and ability will help the Chargers greatly. I also think his mental attitude will be great for the team- he cried because he was so happy to be selected by them, and that high up in the draft.

Furthermore, I think players such as Keenan Allen will help the team immensely, and thus the team should have little problem with offensive fire-power, especially considering Antonio Gates is still there.

So overall, what needs to happen? Firstly, some wins against Denver would be great, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about them, and secondly, the offensive line really needs to pick its game up. If they do this, and players like Keenan Allen do well, they should be able to thread enough wins together to make it into the play-off's.


Also, MANTI TEO WILL BE AWESOME!!!!





Well, thats it for today's article, keep reading guys, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment