Sunday 21 April 2013

My views on the first round of the NBA Playoffs

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay between posts, been really busy lately.

Anyway, I thought I'd do an opinion piece on who I think will win their match-ups in the first round of the NBA playoffs. Obviously some of these results will most likely be clear cut, but I thought that seeing as I will be posting about the next rounds later on, I thought that I better establish who I expected to do well in the Playoffs and in particular, the first round.

Eastern Conference:


  • Miami Heat Vs Milwaukee Bucks :
Obviously, this is one of the more clear cut rounds. Although Milwaukee has shown some promising signs this year, I really cant see them getting up against the favorites to win the NBA this year. Maybe if they had been taking on another team, they might have made it into the second round, but I really cant see them beating the Heat. As for the Heat, I can see them easily winning the east, unless New York fires effectively.

My call for the result: a 4-0 sweep by the Heat 

  • New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics:
This is a tougher call for me. Although the Celtics have been really good in the past, they haven't seemed to be able to fire this year, and really only just managed to get into the playoffs, thanks to a weak East. I can definitely see the Knicks winning this one, they are playing well, and Carmelo is looking good. I can see the Knicks making it to the Eastern Conference finals with the Heat. 

My call for the result: Knicks take it 4-2



  •   Atlanta Hawks vs Indiana Pacers:
Wow, this one is a toughie. Possibly without Granger, the Pacers have lost a lot of firepower, but to be honest the Hawks didn't have much in the first place. I think however, that the Pacers have learnt to play without Granger, and for some reason I can see them absolutely annihilating the Hawks. But after that, I cant see the Pacers going much further in the playoffs.

My call for the result: Pacers sweep the Hawks 4-0 



  • Brooklyn Nets vs Chicago Bulls
I have been really impressed with the nets this year, and have been stunned by their sudden revival. I'm also a fan of Jay-Z so that sort of adds to it I guess. Although they have a talented squad, I really cant see the Bulls winning this without rose, although I can see it being a close series. For some reason, as long as they don't get put up against an uber team next round, I think they could do quite well in the playoffs.

My call for the result: 4-3 Nets

Western Conference:

  • Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets
While the Rockets have been pretty good this year, especially with James Harden, they are nowhere near as good as the Thunder, and I believe without stronger players to back up Harden, the Rockets will be absolutely destroyed. KD and Russell Westbrook are simply to good. I can see the Thunder taking on the Spurs in the Western Conference round.

My call for the result: Thunder sweep the Rockets 4-0.


  • San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Lakers:
Easy win for the Spurs, the Lakers without Kobe will be smashed. Spurs will take the title. Nuff Said.



My call for the result: 7-0 Sweep by the Spurs, oh wait, they can only win four times, I mean 4-0 sweep :)


  • Denver Nuggets vs Golden State Warriors:
This is another tough pick. Although the nuggets have been really good this year, I think Stephen Curry is good enough to help carry the Warriors. As long as he can stay healthy, and the Warriors start getting into some good form, I can see them getting past this round, but i really think they will be crushed by the Spurs in the next round.

My call for the result: 4-3 to the Warriors.


  • LA Clippers vs Memphis Grizzlies
 Easy pick. While Memphis are a good team, the Clippers have been awesome this year. Paul and Griffin have really fired, and I cant see Memphis even winning one game. As for the Clippers future hopes, I can see them challenging Oklahoma in what could turn out to be an interesting series, but I don't think they have the experience to beat a side that has already been to the finals.

My call for the result: 4-0 to the Clippers.

Overall, I think this years playoffs could be very interesting, and of course, exciting. I will update you guys with my picks for the next round, thanks for reading, and have a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment